PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Director, Treasury oversees diverse treasury management operations in capital sourcing, investment management, compliance with company policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and other regulatory requirements. The principal activity is creation and maintenance of adequate capital sources for equipment leasing, real estate, project finance and all non-debt related financing activities. A second focus is investment management in our captive insurance companies, 401k, pension and deferred compensation plans. The final focus is administration of the above activities combined with compliance, SOX and other regulatory requirements, both internal and external.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through creative thinking and effective communication.
- Create and implement new strategies to improve operational efficiency and expand access to capital.
- Collaborate across business lines to further operational objectives.
- Create, evaluate and implement Investment Policies for our various entities including: captive insurance, 401k, pension, JVs and others. Focus on capital preservation, liquidity and total return as objectives.
- Seek out avenues where Treasury can provide value to the organization
- Lead operational efforts to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals.
- Create or maintain strong working relationships with applicable vendors. Coordinate vendor activities with others who are also connected to the same vendor.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports, and secondarily to all Treasury staff, to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of treasury staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager, or 3+ years’ experience in a senior capital raising role.
- Demonstrated experience managing finance relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and deep skills in finance
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications.
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.