In this fast paced role, you are responsible for short-term cash management and cash positioning including maintaining the statutory investment pool, utilizing borrowings to manage daily liquidity requirements and managing foreign exchange positions arising from daily branch activity. This position is hands-on, highly time sensitive and entails frequent contact with branches, departments and external parties. Your knowledge of technology, systems, automated processes, internal and external resources, along with your attention to detail and ability to create efficiencies will be the keys to your success.
Closing Date: January 31, 2017
Employee Type: Full time, 12 month contract role
Job Category: Finance
Location: 1250 Lonsdale Head Office
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for day-to day treasury operations, including cash positioning, investing and borrowing, managing rate posting, foreign exchange and branch support
- Preparation of information for and generating forecasts as they relate to liquidity, interest rate risk and capital planning
- Accounting for transactional activity, including monthly reconciliations
- Day to day trade and department administration
- Other duties as required by the Assistant Treasurer or VP Treasurer
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or other related subject
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, finance or treasury
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience and ability to work calmly under time constraints
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- Opportunities to work on in a dynamic treasury department
- A Performance Reward Program which pays a variable cash reward program recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Accountability, in all directions.
- A proactive, self starter with a “Can Do” attitude.
- The desire to lead a team to excellence.
- Goal-oriented and driven to meet objectives.