Process remittances received through the Company's lockbox. Process claims indemnity and expense payments for disbursement. Process underwriting commissions and return premium payables for disbursement. Prepare and file various internal and external reports.
Position Purpose & Objective / Focus
Support the claims, underwriting, and accounts receivable departments by sustaining cash flow efficiencies using treasury applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Lockbox remittances/receipts
- Process Claims and Underwriting (commission and return premium) payments.
- Process Dividends (reports, checks, research, escheatment)
- Issue and mail floating cash notices for outstanding checks
- Process checks for new business premium
- Prepare monthly journal entries to the General Ledger.
- Assist in implementation and ongoing evaluation of all accounting systems.
- Assist in various accounting projects.
- Provides information and assistance as required by internal and external auditors.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
- Critical thinking ability with an eye for detail.
- Strong problem resolution skills. Ability to work individually or with a team to identify and define problems, evaluate alternatives and implement practical solutions.
- Exposure to accounting software systems, treasury systems, and check writing systems.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Sharepoint.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction.
Coverys is an equal-opportunity employer. Coverys’ job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.