Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking a Treasury Analyst. The Treasury Analyst will act as Treasury Team lead in activities related to day-to-day cash management and treasury operations for various Mortenson entities, and supervise the annual escheatment process for uncashed checks and rejected electronic payments.
The Treasury Analyst role will also be expected to partner with Treasury, Finance and Accounting Team Members to identify system enhancements and process improvements to reduce manual effort, improve efficiency and lower costs.
- Play a lead role in day-to-day cash management and treasury operations to ensure bank and investment accounts are in compliance with Mortenson's established policies and procedures. Investigate, research and resolve complex issues/problems, and respond to internal customer and audit requests escalated by junior Treasury Team Members.
- Manage various short-term portfolios in compliance with established investment objectives and liquidity requirements.
- Identify system enhancements and process improvements to streamline cash management and receivables/payables processes, increase efficiencies and accuracy by reducing manual work, and better leverage currently available banking services. Partner with Treasury, Finance and Accounting Team Members, as well as external providers, to implement approved process improvements.
- Partner with senior Treasury Team Members to establish bank accounts and implement treasury services in support of new Mortenson entities, joint ventures and strategic initiatives.
- Develop, maintain and improve models to analyze bank fees monthly. Make recommendations to management for optimizing banking services and lowering costs. Prepare periodic management reports to effectively summarize these efforts.
- Supervise the annual escheatment of uncashed AP and Payroll checks, and rejected electronic payments, to meet all state filing deadlines. Update and maintain the sub-ledger for unclaimed property reporting to ensure appropriate records are maintained for audit purposes. Act as point person for unclaimed property inquiries and audit requests.
- Partner with senior Treasury Team Members in the creation and maintenance of Excel based reports related to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), aging receivables, investment performance, cash analysis and forecasting, and other reporting/analytical tools as required to meet Mortenson's changing business needs.
- Assume primary responsibility for maintaining and updating the Treasury Procedures Manual to ensure critical functions are well-documented. Ensure Treasury Team Members are adequately cross-trained on critical daily, weekly and monthly treasury functions.
- Ensure the Treasury web site is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Perform special requests as directed from senior staff.
Education and Required Skills:
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience in applicable field required. Willingness to pursue the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in corporate treasury, banking or financial services required. Investment experience preferred.
- Must be reliable, detailed-oriented, and able to handle the pressure of meeting daily cash management and investment deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate the ability to professionally represent the company and the Treasury Team at banking and professional networking events.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based environment, including experience working on cross-functional project teams to implement process improvements.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts required.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Strong proficiency in Word for Windows, PowerPoint and e-mail skills required.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required.
- Customer service and/or back-office operations experience in financial services preferred.
- Experience with Oracle ERP Financial modules and bank or financial services software systems preferred.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.