Under general direction, manage the daily processing activities within a large and complex Treasury Services business unit(s) to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization of all available resources in achieving desired results. Position is a second-level manager.
Number of associates directed: 29, located in Charlotte NC, Wilson NC, Spartanburg SC, Birmingham AL, and Wyomissing PA
Responsibilities: leads and directs the Client Support team.
Client Support operates from 8AM – 8PM and responds to approximately 18,000 calls each month from Treasury Services clients.
*This position has three direct reports
*Partners with Sales Consultants, Product Management, and Operations to deliver and improve the client experience
*Identifies and implements strategies to improve quality of service and productivity
*Coordinates and manages departmental and enterprise initiatives
*Develops and implements standards and procedures
*Plans, prioritizes, and delegates tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
*Ensures the necessary resources and tools are available for quality service delivery
*Handles complex and escalated client service issues
*Monitors departmental metrics, watches for trends, and takes appropriate action
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Plan and direct the daily activities within the operational work unit to ensure appropriate staffing and production levels are maintained to meet established deadlines; continually monitor workflow and capacity levels in an effort to improve processes.
2. Serve as the focal point in scheduling people and processes to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
3. Direct the development of departmental policies, procedures, processes and objectives; monitor on a regular basis to ensure appropriate guidelines are in place.
4. Perform personnel administration duties including hiring, job assignment, termination, performance/salary reviews as well as staff training and development.
5. Monitor and enforce departmental adherence to internal policies and procedures as well as external compliance regulations.
6. Provide primary support in problem resolution related to personnel, equipment or processing problems.
7. Develop a business relationship and work in conjunction with the equipment vendor and field representative to ensure all equipment and machinery is properly maintained; assist in evaluation, procurement and installation of new equipment.
8. Plan and develop annual profit plan in accordance to established guidelines; review results on a monthly basis to monitor adherence to plan.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Ability to manage daily activities for one or more large, multiple-function or highly complex operations
3. Four to six years of above average performance in a Production Manager position or equivalent work experience
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Demonstrated leadership potential and proven ability to supervise people
6. Above average organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to adapt to and function in a changing environment
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
2. Previous experience with web based banking products, sweep and ZBA services
3. Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.