Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The newly created role of Global Treasury Manager will be responsible for undertaking the day-to-day operation of the Treasury tasks for the company, based at the headquarters in Saint Louis, MO. The role will entail working with the senior members of the finance team to achieve the operational goals surrounding cash and risk management, managing banking relationships, debt, intercompany funding and foreign exchange exposure.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Operate company-wide cash management activities consistent with liquidity needs. Primary responsibility for all North American operations, with additional oversight / support role to the European businesses. Maintain cash reports and controls/procedures.
- Support accounts receivable processes that minimize collections issues, support working capital targets.
- Process payments and funds transfers for Treasury, corporate and AP related items.
- Work with the company’s lenders to ensure the business operates within the requirements of the Credit Agreement, and administer debt drawdowns and repayments as necessary.
- Understands all critical terms, conditions and covenants contained in the company's credit agreements. Ensures that all treasury processes are conducted to be in compliance in all respects.
- Maintains Revolver and Debt Schedules.
- Verifies and monitors all monthly/quarterly interest expenses payments and bank fees.
- Work with the accounting group on cash activities flowing through bank accounts.
- Participate in managing banking relationships and bank account maintenance.
- Maintains up-to-date comprehensive bank account listing and signatory list.
- Banking Systems Reporting & Administration (e.g. HSBCNet).
- Bank Account Administration - open/close/modify bank accounts as necessary/required.
- Maintain relationships with external bank contacts to resolve global day-to-day issues with cash transfers and ad-hoc banking needs of the organization.
- Decisions Positive Pay Items on a daily basis.
- Maintain corporate cash forecasting systems to accurately predict the timing and currency of cash requirements over appropriate time horizons.
- Manages the company’s Corporate / Purchasing Card program.
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable regarding collections/invoicing to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable regarding payment runs to help manage cash outflows.
- Continually improve foreign exchange exposure identification processes and in accordance with the policy.
- Coordinates the company's insurance programs with third-party insurance broker.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models and reports as required.
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience with cash management and other treasury responsibilities in an international corporation. Familiarity with U.S., Canadian, and international treasury and banking environments.
- Experience using online bank systems for information retrieval and transaction processing. Knowledge of services and products available from banks for corporate clients.
- Team player able to collaborate with other Finance and Operational functions and work across functional groups.
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills and attention to detail.
- High integrity and a positive attitude.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting, advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation a plus.