Reporting to Treasurer, this individual will have responsibility for the implementing and driving the Corporation’s Treasury functions and assisting with the Corporate cash management and banking and business insurance activities for the organization.
- The Assistant Treasurer will oversee global treasury operations, liaising with local treasury teams to ensure the implementation of best practices and the ongoing adherence to corporate policies.
- As part of the Corporate Treasury team, he/she will assist in the development and execution of key strategic initiatives to develop and maintain a best-in-class treasury organization.
- He/she also will lead other Corporate Treasury activities such as assessing Ingram’s capital structure and liquidity requirements, implementing financing and factoring programs, overseeing the preparation of treasury related financial schedules for reporting, managing corporate guaranties, preparing covenant compliance certificates and overseeing a global bank account management platform.
- He/she manages a team of treasury professionals who interact on a daily basis with the treasury and finance teams in the operational entities
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Assist with the decisions related to care and custody of the Corporation’s cash and other financial assets, and banking operations and relationships.
- Assist with defining the source of funds required to meet outstanding and planned commitments.
- How to secure adequate funding of worldwide operations
- Input to decide on long-range capital structure plan for the Corporation and the develop strategies for moving in that direction and assessing the appropriateness of capital structure targets over time
- The Assistant Treasurer oversees the operational treasury team.
- He/She will develop and monitor a series of Key Performance Indicators to track the performance of this team.
- The Assistant Treasurer will maintain the most adequate cash management and bank account structure, ensure that the treasury management tools and systems available to perform the tasks of the operational treasury team are and remain state of the art.
- He/she will ensure that all statutory and central bank reporting requirements are met at all times.
- Oversee cash and working capital management, including forecasting
- Develop and manage capital structure strategies, including capital markets activity
- Works with Corporate Development team on M&A activity as it relates to Treasury
- Monitor debt covenants
- Prepare calculations for credit metrics
- Review reporting and disclosures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financing agreements
- Conduct market and industry research for comparisons
- Help prepare reports and presentations
- Collaborate with all finance functional teams (e.g. FP&A, Controllership, Tax, Internal Audit & Corp Dev) as needed
- Communicate regularly with various business units to ensure accuracy
- Ensure compliance with controls, requirements, policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as needed
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field (knowledge in accounting is a major plus, MBA or CPA preferred) and a minimum of 10-15 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in the technology, channel services or related industries preferred
- Proven experience in treasury, working capital, capital markets, debt and M&A management within a publicly listed company
- Deep knowledge within capital markets, including issuance of public debt and private placements. Experience with initial public offerings is preferred