Treasury Risk & Liquidity Specialist (TRE00033)
- Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it’s an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it’s a Volkswagen thing.
- Support the local activities for the ISDA (International Swaps and Derivative Association) negotiation process for the Regional Treasury Center and affiliated companies through coordination with Legal, Tax, and international banks.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks (e.g. Dodd-Frank, The Commodity Exchange Act, Ontario Securities Commission Rules, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring financial regulatory adherence within the RTC Herndon (Canada, US, and Mexico) through close collaboration with internal/external legal counsel and VWAG.
- Set internal guidelines for the satisfactory completion and maintenance of regulatory documentation (e.g. Dodd-Frank Protocols, Canadian Representation Letter).
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the Treasury Service Master Agreements.
- Responsible within the Treasury department to lead, coordinate, and execute the following initiatives:
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC)
- Internal Control System (ICS)
- Risk Management System
- Quarterly Risk Reporting
- Provide management reporting on the progress of the aforementioned compliance activities, escalate issues promptly, and advise on decisions required.Communicate and collaborate within the treasury organization to ensure compliance requirements for the department are completed accurately and deadlines are achieved.
- Support the QMS (Quality Management System) task and ensure redundancies across compliance programs within the treasury department are avoided.
- Support internal quarterly control testing.
- Responsible for managing the three month liquidity forecast (daily basis) for assigned Group entities within the North American Region
- Develop and maintain a 12-month rolling forecast in coordination with the respective Controlling department.
- Work Independently with Controlling, Accounting, Customs, Tax, Logistics, and other departments to maintain a high level of liquidity forecasting accuracy.
- Create forecast vs. actuals analysis to determine if any measures are needed for improvement of planning quality.
- Communicate to senior management deviations to the forecast.
- Make business decisions based on the current and projected liquidity levels.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- 5-7 years of treasury or corporate finance experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Certification
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Strong MS-Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively will all levels of the organization and outside partners such as banks, auditors and legal counsel
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to self-learn, Strong capacity for interpreting legal content and translating to the business environment
- Ability to research, analyze, and implement changes in the financial regulatory environment (e.g. Dodd-Frank, EMIR) which impact VW Group entities across the North American Region
- Deep understanding of derivatives and other financial instruments
- Experience in relevant field (Risk Management, Compliance, and Corporate Finance)
- Knowledge of internal control processes and gap analysis
- Spanish and/or German language proficiency (writing and speaking)
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work during all non-Federal Reserve holidays (even if a VW holiday)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.