Treasury Manager - 12 to 18 Month Maternity Leave Term
This position is a key contributor to the Treasury team and is responsible for all aspects of liquidity management, including cash positioning and maintenance of the liquidity portfolios, borrowings, securitization and wholesale funding channels. The incumbent is responsible for: short-term cash positioning and management, including the statutory liquidity pool, and all corresponding reporting; supporting the VP Treasurer in managing and expanding borrowing facilities; generating and managing medium to long-term cash flow forecasting.
This position uses technology, systems, automated processes, and other internal and external resources and requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and aptitude to improve efficiency.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for day-to day treasury liquidity operations, including reviewing cash positioning, investing and borrowing, and other daily duties prepared by the Treasury Accountant
- Responsible for liquidity risk measurement and monitoring, including LCR, NCCF and NSFR, in conjunction with external consultants; preparation and submission of FICOM filings
- Generates short and long-term cash flow forecasts to optimize investment decision making
- Leads departmental initiatives for streamlining processes
- Supports the VP Treasurer in updating the liquidity plans
- Assesses and recommends liquidity investments to the VP Treasurer to improve cash flow and enhance financial margin
- Provides recommendations to VP Treasurer regarding FX and liquidity risk outlining current, short-term, and long-term implications
- Generates liquidity reporting for ALCO and ILC, and ad-hoc reporting, as required
- Responsible for securitization processes, including review of loan pools formed and ongoing compliance with regulatory and other requirements, and review of periodic reporting with respect to secured borrowing facilities
- Maintains relationships with external parties, including banks and wholesale depositors; on-boards new counterparties and maintains counterparties’ compliance documentation
Rates & Foreign Exchange
- Sets FX pricing across all channels based on market conditions
- Provides deposit and FX rate advice to internal departments (retail, business group, commercial, etc.).
- Maintenance of deposit rate feeds to various channels (including CANNEX) and ongoing management of CANNEX.
- Identifies, assesses and recommends tactics to manage foreign exchange positions and enhance financial margin; generates foreign currency forecasts to optimize currency cash holdings; prepares and measures the organization’s foreign exchange rate risk profile.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related subject
- Treasury designation or working towards would be an asset (CTP)
- 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, finance or treasury
- High proficiency with Excel and data warehouses
- Proven experience and ability to work calmly under time constraints
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- A Performance Rewards Program which pays a variable cash reward recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals.
- Limitless career progression opportunities.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Team player. Always.
- Accountability, in all directions.
- “Can do” attitude.
- The drive to provide a premium level of service regardless of location or position.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We've been formally recognized making Aon’s "50 Best Employers in Canada" list nine years in a row and as one of "Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures" in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we've been serving the lower mainland for almost 75 years! But this isn’t the Credit Union of your childhood. We’re different and better.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices.