Where Power Meets Purpose
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. It’s being hardworking. It’s being agile. It’s being mission-driven. It’s giving our policyholders the time, attention, and expertise they deserve –helping them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. It’s having a positive impact on our industry and in the communities around us. It’s leveraging the collective genius within to drive the way we do business now and in the future, while also enjoying a supportive environment where you can be fulfilled in life and in work.
Pacific Life is a growth-oriented company with a strong and competitive position within the life insurance, retirement savings, and reinsurance markets. It holds top 15 market positions in almost all of its key products and has a diverse product portfolio serving the key markets of the highly affluent, broad market, small and mid-size businesses, and the institutional space. It has a global presence through its reinsurance business, with key markets in the U.K., Asia, and Australia. Pacific Life’s structure as a mutual holding company is a competitive advantage, allowing the company to make decisions with a long-term view for the best interests of the organization and its policyholders. Pacific Life has a stellar reputation for service and value to the financial intermediaries and distribution channels that distribute our products.
In addition to the value we provide for our employees and policyholders, we are also renowned for our philanthropic work, having donated over $109M to nonprofits over the past 33 years. All this considered, it’s no wonder Pacific Life is ranked 298th on the 2019 Forbes Fortune 500 list, has been named one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute, and was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Midsize Employers for 2019. Simply put, if you want to find both personal and career fulfillment, join our team at Pacific Life, where power meets purpose.
Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our financial partners. That’s why we’re actively seeking a skilled Senior Cash Management Analyst to join our team and take part in our people-first culture.
As Senior Cash Management Analyst, you’ll play a key role in Pacific Life’s growth and long-term success by managing and overseeing all activities related to the custodial, investment and cash management bank functions for Pacific Life and its subsidiaries. You’ll also oversee daily cash positioning, commercial paper programs, short-term investing, short-term liquidity needs and cash forecasting as well as meeting with and building internal/external relationships with bankers, broker dealers, mutual fund providers and vendors.
While reporting directly to the Manager of the Corporate Treasury Cash Management Team, you’ll coordinate and lead special projects and initiatives to maximize the use of funds while maintaining liquidity and safety of principal. If you’re experienced in Corporate Treasury functions with the ability to provide sound financial and business judgement, you’re a great fit for this role. Along with strong technical capabilities, if you’re a mission-driven self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, you’re a perfect fit for Pacific Life.
Despite the COVID pandemic, Pacific Life has remained safe, stable and productive, thanks to our embracing of digital processes and commitment to a people-first culture. Our agile approach has aided us in successfully shifting our recruiting and onboarding activities toward a safe work-from-home environment.
This is unchartered territory for all of us, so please let us know if you have any questions about the recruiting process or about our response to COVID.
How You’ll Contribute
* Manage and monitor daily cash management transactions, reporting cash operation activities, and execute borrowing / investment transactions
* Oversee short term divisional cash positions and forecasts to meet daily liquidity needs; research, improve and maintain appropriate reports that outline the company’s current and projected cash position.
* Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) of custodial investment activity (fixed income products, bank loans, private placements, derivative and collateral transactions, FX trades and asset settlements) to ensure accurate and timely settlement.
* Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day conduct of cash management and custodial operations.
* Act as the liaison between financial institutions and internal division to resolve issues, maintain collaborative relationships and provide expertise and guidance on banking issues.
* Proactively initiate suggestions to enhance Treasury Operations workflow for digitization and efficiencies based on research, external best practices and communication with key business units.
* Facilitate and monitor the short-term Commercial Paper borrowing facility and FHLB Advance program as well as annual statement representation.
* Produce and distribute multiple RFPs (Request For Proposals) addressing relevant subjects such as: Wholesale lockboxes, Custody Institution, Control Disbursement bank, Treasury workstation and Wiring/ACH platforms.
* Maintain all statutory requirements imposed by the Nebraska Department of Insurance in addition to all governing states
Tech & Tools You’ll Use
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
ERP Applications (PeopleSoft)
Online Banking & Investment Portals
Factors for Success
* Finance Experience
* 10+ years in a Corporate Treasury department for a multi-divisional Fortune 500 company
* Ability to provide sound financial and business judgement, strategic thinking and broad financial and business acumen across the organization
* Knowledge of custodial activity including fixed income products, bank loans, private placements, derivative and collateral transactions, FX trades and asset settlements
* Knowledge of short-term borrowing, short-term investing, electronic payment methods, foreign denominated currency transfers, tri-party bank accounts, alternatives for collecting and disbursing cash as well as calculating a company’s daily cash position
* Understanding of global banking, capital markets and corporate finance principles
* Ability to comprehend and review monthly Account Analysis and knowledge of banking services
* Experience in the Cash Management industry essential. Master’s Degree a plus.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related financial fields required
* The Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation by the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) is preferred; if not previously obtained, it will be required within first six months of joining the company
* Interpersonal & Reasoning Skills
* Aptitude to review, interpret and define policy within banking and corporate contracts and legal documents
* Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions both internally with senior management and externally with key financial partners
* Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to effectively manage daily functions with limited supervision
* Demonstrate ethical and professional conduct
* Motivated, innovative thinker able to evaluate business processes for data driven insights and analysis, efficiency, change and effectiveness
* Effective written communication including ability to create detailed procedures that capture both the essence & global understanding of the process as well as the details of process execution
* Computer Skills
* Working knowledge of banking and treasury workstation applications and platforms
* Possess a familiarity with using internet applications to perform treasury and financial activities
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. That’s why you’ll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 300 Company, you’re the perfect cultural fit for our team. #LI-AJ1
How We Help You Succeed
We’re fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
• Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
• Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
• Generous PTO and holiday pay
• Warm Colleagues & Inspiring Culture
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://pacificlife.contacthr.com/77140202.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: