We are seeking a data-driven, analytical individual to join our growing and dynamic team. Our team of specialists provide tax compliance and fraud prevention support by examining tax return data to identify fraudulent or non-compliant activity. This role involves aggregating and summarizing data; presenting project findings and results to senior staff; and contributing to business development initiatives. Successful candidates will have experience with either tax audit, forensic accounting, financial analysis, or professional individual income or business tax preparation experience.
- Deliver work products throughout the project lifecycle, consistently meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Leverage established tools, assets, or techniques in support of project and product delivery.
- Proactively communicate with project leadership if a different mix of skills or resources is needed to meet assigned task objectives or deadlines.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making and make recommendations on a regular basis; communicate these decisions clearly to colleagues.
- Assist in the execution of an approach to solving complex client problems.
- Achieve goals in a timely manner, overcoming obstacles by organizing and prioritizing assigned tasks.
- Balance efficiency and accuracy of assigned projects and tasks.
- Contribute to the development of reusable intellectual capital and assets, such as processes, documentation, training material, software/code, templates, etc.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing/best practices databases, presenting at external conferences, contributing to articles, etc.
- Respond promptly to client requests or inquiries.
- Bachelor's in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience, preferred.
- Ability to research and maintain knowledge of tax laws and changes.
- Ability to estimate tax calculations.
- Ability to research tax-related topics, schemes, and opportunities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting).
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and innovative.
- Experience working with government agencies preferred.